Who are the people in your neighbourhood? Who are the Centres of Influence? Where do the cool kids hang?
I just got off the phone to one of our Alphabroker Alumni Brokers who has been trading now 3 years in Melbourne’s Eastern Bayside Area. He was phoning just to let me know that he was being “smashed at the moment…a good problem to have.”
Turns out ALL of that business is coming from his local neighbourhood for whom the average house price is $1.2 million and the suburban population is 27,000.
SIMPLE yet EFFECTIVE, here are 13 questions you can ask any Local Business Owner.
THEN pay attention, listen with curiosity, patronise them with intent, refer as many people as possible, repeat 10-15 times and in time, and you’ll be busier than you could ever imagine in less than 12 months.
How do I know it works? Because we’ve trained over 200 Brokers and Start-Up Entrepreneurs in this since 2009!!
- How long has your business been established?
- Why did you decide to set up in [insert your suburb]?
- Do you live locally?
- Do you have kids? How many? How old?
- What are your plans for 2018? Longer term?
- What’s been your year in business? Why?
- What changes have you seen over the years?
- What do you see is your biggest challenge right now?
- What do you most look forward to at the end of the week?
- What does your ideal client/customer look like?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Are you close with any of the other business owners in the area?
- Any local business groups you know of that are worth joining?
Any other questions that you’ve found works for you in your business? I’d love to hear from you email@example.com. Bless, T